Access Statement Vanilla Cottage
We are always happy to discuss any aspect of the cottage and its suitability for your holiday, and to describe the cottage and its features to you over the telephone.
Please call us on 01600 860341 within the UK or +44 1600 860341 from overseas.
Inside the cottage, we maintain a visitors guide to the facilities, information about the locality as well as other important information including contact numbers for the local emergency services and hospitals.
We welcome Assistance dogs and the information pack also includes contact details for local Vets with 24hr service.
This body of this document has been set in 14 pt using Arial as the type face.
- Private off-road car parking
- Clearly signed “Vanilla Parking” on a Car style number plate – Black letters on a white background
- Suitable for one family estate (eg VW Passat)
- Firm flat asphalt surface
- Steps to the garden adjacent to the car parking
- 50m from the top of the steps by the parking to the cottage front step.
Access to the Garden
- Edged with flagstones and rough gravel inserts
- Hand rail on the right hand side going up the steps and a solid wall on the left hand side
- PIR light sensors operate at night to illuminate the steps
At the top of the steps
- Rough gravel area at the top of the steps approximately 2.2m wide
- Gateway into the Garden
- Metal gate into the garden hinged on the left as going into the garden with a latch on the right hand side.
- Paved path approximately 46 m in length.
- Slight incline from the garden gate to the cottage.
- Path comprises small flagstones
- One step up from the path to the Patio
- White lines painted on the edge of the step
- Height of the step 23cm
- Large firm flat flagstones
- Edged with white lines to denote edges
- Metal garden seats with armrests
- Seats are of stretched mesh fabric
- Seat backs are angled backwards and cannot be adjusted
- Seats and backs are “firm.”
Steps to the Cottage
- One further step up from the Patio
- White lines painted on the edge of the step
- Height of the step 15cm
- Step up into the cottage
- Height of the step 25cm
- Illuminated by porch light operated by PIR movement sensor
- Gold finish set against a white front door
- Digital key pad requires keys to be pressed in a sequence
- Located approximately 1.2 m from floor level
- Door opened and closed by turning a knob.
Inside the cottage
- Standard rocker type switches
- Operate wall and ceiling mounted lights in all rooms and entrance hall
- The lowest door height in the cottage is approximately 1.53m
- Locks and latches
- Black in colour set against white doors
- Traditional latches which have to be lifted up
- Swivel “toggle” latch in one instance
- Slate style tiling throughout
- Stairs and Upstairs
- Fitted Carpet
- Bathroom (Upstairs)
- Tiled floor with wood-grain effect surface
- Turn handle to operate
- Push to open and pull to shut
- Independently controlled using twist thermostatic valve on each radiator.
Décor and colour contrasting
- Walls and doors throughout the cottage are painted White, except as follows:
- Medium blue walls
- Seating Black
- Floor Dark grey
- Kitchen units are white with black work surfaces
- Kitchen table – white
- Floor Dark Grey
- White walls
- Bannister rail
- White plus red rope rail
- Honey gold carpet
- White tiled walls
- White bath, basin and toilet
- Light grey floor
- Honey gold carpets
- Single bed
- Black cast iron frame
- King size double bed
- Pewter frame
- Cupboard off the entrance hall
- Wooden swivel lock
- Door opens outwards into the hall
- Cupboard contains
- Tumble drier
- Cleaning equipment except Dyson which lives upstairs
- Iron and ironing board (folding)
Sofas and Chairs
- Comfortable leather easy chairs
- Footstool provided
- Text service on TV
- Remote controls for TV,DVD and Sky
- Ceiling mounted pendant supplemented by wall mounted units
- Mood lighting from two table lamps
- Slide lever
- Lift up handle
- Knob that needs to be turned to control airflow
- Door opens outwards
- Latches that lift or knobs that have to be pulled to open the doors
- Push down “pop-up” style toaster
- Push button operation
- Drop down door
- Baskets slide out
- Dial and push button controls
- Hanging from the underside of top wall mounted cupboards above the work surface
Double Electric Hob and Oven
- Dial controls
- Pull down door
- Washer / Tumble dryer
- Dials and push button / rocker switch operation
Fridge and freezer both with outward opening doors
- stored in floor-mounted low level cupboards
- Stored in a slide out drawer located in a floor-mounted low level cupboard
- Cooking utensils and glassware located in high level cupboards above the work surfaces
- Cooking knives located in a knife block on the work surface.
- Swan neck with separate hot and cold knobs that turn.
- Two ceiling zones each with LED spotlights.
Dining room chairs
- Hard back chairs without armrests.
Stairs to the bedroom and bathroom
Stairs- Twisting and steep almost a spiral
- Thirteen steps
- Each approximately 23 cm in height
- Handrail / Bannister rope at the top of the stairs on the left hand side going up.
- Central light over the stair well
- Controlled from switches at the top landing and the sitting room
- Four halogen spotlights
- Ceiling mounted pull cord operation also operates ventilator
- Hold and cold mixer Tap with swivel lever that also lifts up and down to control the flow.
- Fixed swivel type plug
- Height of the bath 60cm from the floor
- Step down into the bath (40cm)
- Hot and cold mixer Tap with swivel lever that also lifts up and down to control the flow. Pull up knob to activate the shower.
- Click clack Plug
- Whirpool jets operated by push button
- Curved glass screen
- Showerhead is detachable from the support rail
- When attached the height of the showerhead can be adjusted by sliding it up and down the rail.
- Push button with full and half flush option.
- Two wall units mounted provide main room lighting
- Two bedside lights operated by touch bases
TV and DVD player
Ipod docking station with alarm clock and radio. Push button and knob operation.
Dressing tables and bedside lights
- Lights touch base control
- Door opens outwards by pulling on knob.
- A wall unit mounted provides main room lighting
- A bedside light operated by push switch
- Doors open outwards by pulling on knob
Heat and Smoke Alarms
Emergency mains light on stairwell